Our mission is to provide the communications industry with the timely delivery of dependable flexible systems and services that meet our commitments and fully satisfy our customers' needs in testing, operating and managing their communications systems.
Our goal is accomplished by using advanced commercial equipment from reliable suppliers, and integrating it with our own technology into systems tailored to meet specific needs. This approach means less development, resulting in lower risk and cost, and faster delivery. We take end-to-end responsibility for our systems, from design right through installation, operations support, and long-term maintenance. We support our customers from start to finish, responding to their needs and helping them achieve success.
We believe the following core competencies and capabilities differentiate us from our competitors:
- Project Management – our flexible and accommodating management approach, which optimally uses our people, processes and infrastructure to ensure on-time delivery of quality goods and services that fully satisfy our customers.
- Engineering Expertise – we have extensive expertise in a range of disciplines critical to our business:
- Exceptionally strong systems engineering skills which enable us to quickly and capably analyze requirements, generate and validate systems designs and architectures and, ensure that the full suite of customer requirements are met end to end
- A solid design engineering capability including a comprehensive portfolio of unit, subsystem and system designs and structured processes across a range of disciplines including
- RF, analog and digital hardware
- Real-time & control software.
- Embedded software & high-speed logic
- Manufacturing – our manufacturing capability is tuned to small to medium volume manufacture of high reliability, difficult to build and test electronic components and systems
- Operations – we have developed a unique capability in operating and maintaining sophisticated high availability assets such as satellites, TT&C systems, communications gateways and, satellite ground systems networks.
Our approach to business - using our core competencies to provide end- to-end solutions in niche applications areas to targeted markets represented by long-term customers - has resulted in steady growth. The company's revenues have increased consistently since we entered the satellite communications arena in 1973. Total sales over that period have exceeded $500 million. Our systems are deployed worldwide and are now operating on six continents. Our customer base includes major companies around the world; many of these have been SED customers for more than 10 years and we routinely enjoy repeat business from them.
While the market focus for SED has been the satellite industry, we have always been a communications company. The technical competencies and capabilities that have resulted in our success are now being applied to the terrestrial communications market, and we are confidently pursuing these broader markets to achieve our objectives for growth.
Looking ahead, our key objectives are to achieve profitable growth by continued development of our core satellite communications business. And we'll apply our core competencies to other communications markets including broadcast, network management, gateway and test systems. To achieve these objectives, we will become partners with our suppliers and customers, dedicated to their success as well as our own. Customer satisfaction will ensure repeat business and attract new customers. We will be known as a superior place to build a career, and our people will be recognized as the best in their fields.