ANGA COM is Europe’s leading business platform for broadband operators, content providers, and the companies that serve them.
Calian, Advanced Technologies is a full-service communications technology development company serving the Cable and Wireless industries for over 50 years. We provide communication products, OEM solutions, engineering design and in-house manufacturing services, plus test solutions.
Visit Calian, Advanced Technologies, learn how we can support you with our advanced technologies.
If you have something specific to discuss, complete the form below to arrange a convenient meeting time with our subject matter experts at the show.
Calian, Advanced Technologies specializes in high-speed sophisticated RF communication products based on embedded FPGA logic and software. We have experience in many forms of digital and analog design, and we specialize in solutions that combine complex digital signal processing with analog and RF elements. For broadband operators and content providers who want to “future proof” their investment, our custom fully programmable FPGA designs offer in-field upgradeability that can evolve to meet changing requirements.
DISTRIBUTED ACCESS ARCHITECTURES (DAA)
Solutions for All Distributed Access Architectures (DAA)
With a mature IP portfolio of DOCSIS Remote PHY technologies and advanced signal processing algorithms, SED offers powerful and dynamic solutions ideal of newer technologies like Full Duplex DOCSIS (FDX).
By combining Calian, Advanced Technologies signal processing with its embedded hardware designs using state-of-the-art silicon it enables compelling product designs based on Remote PHY, as well as other distributed cable access technologies.
Calian, Advanced Technologies solutions can help your Distributed Access Architecture (DAA) products deliver:
- Accommodate changing HFC technologies
- Support higher compute engine functionality
- Designed on silicon available today speeding time to market
Our IP and FPGA reference design is scalable, flexible, and it applies to all DAA solutions
- Remote PHY
- Full Duplex DOCSIS (FDX) RPHY
- Remote MAC-PHY
- Distributed CCAP/Virtual CMTS
FPGA Based Designs
Calian, Advanced Technologies is a Xilinx Alliance Partner, we create FPGA-based adaptable designs for our customers. Unlike dedicated ASIC based solutions, SED’s FPGA designs have the ability to adapt to evolving requirements.
- Support future requirements as they arise with infield upgrades
- Address new technologies with the ability to adapt a new design in the field
- Differentiate your product to deliver a compelling value-add for your customers
- Leverage evolving FPGA technology improvements for your next product
Calian, Advanced Technologies offers Headend technology products and solutions for broadband operators, content providers, and equipment vendors developing solutions for Cable Headends.
Cable Modulator Solutions
We excel at developing innovative Cable Modulator solutions to address not only challenging technical requirements but also streamlined cost-effective solutions. Calian, Advanced Technologies can customize cable modulators for your product and design requirements including digital video QAM or DOCSIS 3.1 OFDM modulator requirements for HFC networks or MDU applications.
HydraQAM – Offering 128 QAM Channels from a Single Card
our HydraQAM card delivers next-generation QAM modulation technology as a commercially available, off the shelf card. It offers 128 channel, high-density PCIe QAM modulator card offering compelling value on a per QAM basis while providing a path to full CCAP densities and DOCSIS 3.1.
HydraQAM is ideal for CMTS, CCAP, and video EdgeQAM products.
- FPGA firmware based design provides flexibility for future upgrades & improvements
- Each QAM channel can turn off individual channels or set to unique power level/frequency
- Channel frequency agility, scalable to meet increased or reduced channel densities
- Easily integrate into legacy networks to accommodate existing traffic
H2 HydraQAM – A 16 QAM Channel Solution for Cost-Sensitive Market Applications
The H2 HydraQAM PCIe QAM modulator card offers a versatile and cost-effective solution for MDU and hospitality cable television applications. Calian, Advanced Technologies H2 HydraQAM is a 16 QAM RF channel solution that’s agile within a 160MHz window of spectrum from 46 MHz to 640 MHz.
- Supports J.83 Annex A / B / C QAM modulation
- Suitable for Analog NTSC / PAL video applications
- Integrate into existing or new products via software using the card’s Linux drivers
For both HydraQAM products, data interconnection is managed over a PCIe interface or a Gigabit Ethernet interface. HydraQAM products are also available in chassis form factor.
High Density DOCSIS & EdgeQAM Solutions
Calian, Advanced Technologies has a complete suite of IP to develop full spectrum headend products. Our technology is applicable to a wide range of Headend products including:
- Downstream: SC-QAM (ITU J.83 Annex A / B / C) and DOCSIS 3.1 OFDM
- Upstream: A-TDMA and DOCSIS 3.1 OFDMA burst receivers
- Out-of-band: SCTE 55-1 & 55-2 transmitters and receivers
RF Monitoring Solutions
Calian, Advanced Technologies offers products and solutions to test, analyze and remotely monitor RF signals within all areas of Cable Networks including solutions for both the Headend and the Access Network.
Signal Analysis Solutions
We can analyze and perform testing on multiple types of modulated signals.
- ITU J.83 Annex A / B / C
- SCTE 55-1 / 55-2
Decimator Spectrum Analyzer
Calian, Advanced Technologies Decimator Spectrum Analyzer remotely monitors communication signals anywhere RF signal monitoring is required. When used standalone or integrated into your solution, Decimator is ideally suited for the measurement of communications and broadcast carriers.
With a frequency range of 5 MHz to 3 GHz, the Decimator D3 provides accurate and fast measurements at a compelling cost. Our new Decimator D4 product has an increased frequency range of 5 MHz to 6.5 GHz and also includes digital demodulation capabilities.
- Available in 3 form factors – PCIe card, portable and multi-port
- Powerful & easy to use with a standard internet connection, no training required
- Built-in Cross-pol and Carrier Monitoring applications
- CarrierWatch add-ons provide the ability to view multiple carriers in a single window & more
Our Remote Management Protocol can be integrated into your network, RF system/unit, or RF monitoring/measurement system.