SCTE Cable-Tec Expo 2019 is where the latest breakthroughs in cable and telecommunications technology are introduced, it allows you to connect with industry leaders and create opportunities to move your business forward.
Calian SED specializes in high-speed sophisticated RF communication products based on embedded FPGA logic and software. We have experience in many forms of digital and analog design, and we specialize in solutions that combine complex digital signal processing with analog and RF elements.
Visit Calian SED’s booth 1240, learn how we can support you with our advanced technologies.
If you have something specific to discuss, complete the form below to arrange a convenient meeting time with our subject matter expert at the show.
SOLUTIONS FOR ALL DISTRIBUTED ACCESS ARCHITECTURES (DAA)
SED offers powerful and dynamic solutions ideal for newer technologies like Full Duplex DOCSIS (FDX), with a mature IP portfolio of DOCSIS Remote PHY technologies and advanced signal processing algorithms.
By combining SED’s signal processing with its embedded hardware designs using state-of-the-art silicon it enables compelling product designs based on Remote PHY, as well as other distributed cable access technologies.
SED’s IP and FPGA reference design is scalable, flexible, and it applies to all DAA solutions
- Remote PHY
- Full Duplex DOCSIS (FDX) RPHY
- Remote MAC-PHY / Remote FMA-PHY
- Distributed CCAP/Virtual CMTS
- Evolves to support DOCSIS 4.0 – Extended Spectrum DOCSIS
SED Systems is a Xilinx Alliance Partner, we create FPGA-based adaptable designs for our customers. Unlike dedicated ASIC based solutions, SED’s FPGA designs have the ability to adapt to evolving requirements.
- Support future requirements as they arise with infield upgrades
- Address new technologies with the ability to adapt a new design in the field
- Differentiate your product to deliver a compelling value-add for your customers
- Leverage evolving FPGA technology improvements for your next product
- Downstream: SC-QAM (ITU J.83 Annex A / B / C) and DOCSIS 3.1 OFDM
- Upstream: A-TDMA and DOCSIS 3.1 OFDMA burst receivers
- Out-of-band: SCTE 55-1 & 55-2 transmitters and receivers, NDF, NDR
- Support for PNM, Remote PHY software (GCP, L2TPv3, etc)
CABLE MODULATOR SOLUTIONS
SED develops innovative cable headend and cable modulator solutions to address not only challenging technical requirements but also streamlined cost-effective solutions.
We can customize cable modulators tailored to your product and design requirements including digital video QAM or DOCSIS 3.1 OFDM modulator requirements for HFC networks or MDU applications.
HydraQAM – Ideal for CMTS, CCAP, and video EdgeQAM products
SED’s HydraQAM card delivers next-generation QAM modulation technology as a commercially available, off the shelf card. It offers 128 channel, high-density PCIe QAM modulator card offering compelling value on a per QAM basis while providing a path to full CCAP densities and DOCSIS 3.1.
- FPGA firmware based design provides flexibility for future upgrades & improvements
- Channel frequency agility, scalable to meet increased or reduced channel densities
- Easily integrate into legacy networks to accommodate existing traffic
H2 HydraQAM – A 16 QAM Channel Solution for Cost-Sensitive Market Applications
The H2 HydraQAM PCIe QAM modulator card offers a versatile and cost-effective solution for MDU and hospitality cable television applications. SED’s H2 HydraQAM is a 16 QAM RF channel solution that’s agile within a 160MHz window of spectrum from 46 MHz to 640 MHz.
- Supports J.83 Annex A / B / C QAM modulation
- Suitable for Analog NTSC / PAL video applications
- Integrate into existing or new products via software using the card’s Linux drivers
For both HydraQAM products, data interconnection is managed over a PCIe interface or a Gigabit Ethernet interface. HydraQAM products are also available in chassis form factor.
SED offers products and solutions to test, analyze and remotely monitor RF signals within all areas of Cable Networks including solutions for both the Headend and the Access Network.
Decimator Spectrum Analyzer
SED’s Decimator Spectrum Analyzer remotely monitors communication signals anywhere RF signal monitoring is required. With a frequency range of 5 MHz to 6.5 GHz, the Decimator Spectrum Analyzer provides accurate and fast measurements at a compelling cost.
Our Remote Management Protocol can be integrated into your network, RF system/unit, or RF monitoring/measurement system.
- Powerful & easy to use with a standard internet connection, no training required
- Manage RF carrier performance easily with built-in Cross-pol and Carrier Monitoring
- View multiple carriers in a single window & more with CarrierWatch add-on
- Accommodate a variety of applications with 3 form factors PCIe card, portable and multi-port
- Ready for Extended Spectrum DOCSIS signal analysis
SIGNAL ANALYSIS SOLUTIONS
Using the power of our instrumentation receivers, SED can analyze and perform in-depth testing on multiple types of modulated signals to speed up your development and time to market.
- ITU J.83 Annex A / B / C
- SCTE 55-1 / 55-2