CommunicAsia connects thought-leaders, decision-makers and influencers to network, explore new technologies and create opportunities. CommunicAsia continues to be Asia’s key international Information and Communication Technology (ICT) trade event.
Calian, Advanced Technologies is an established full-service communications technology development company, and we’ve been providing the Telecommunications industry with innovative satellite, cable and terrestrial wireless communication solutions for over 50 years.
Visit Calian, Advanced Technologies at CommunicAsia 2020, learn how we can support you with our advanced technologies.
If you have something specific to discuss, complete the form below to arrange a convenient meeting time with our subject matter expert at the show.
NEW – Composite Carbon Fiber Antennas
Calian, Advanced Technologies offers medium and large composite carbon fiber reflector antennas, built to meet or exceed the performance requirements of the next-generation RF ground systems. These cutting-edge antennas can meet the performance and operational requirements needed for Ka-band frequencies, Q/V-band frequencies and beyond.
- Composite carbon fiber reflector and back structure, 10 meter or 6 meter now available
- Precision surface accuracy for all frequency bands, including Q/V-band frequencies & higher
- Lightweight, ultra-strong design minimizes thermal, wind and gravity loads
- Digital Monopulse Antenna Control System
- Innovative in-panel de-ice system
- Minimize deployment costs – reduced shipping weight, fast installation time
Click here to learn more.
Calian, Advanced Technologies provides full turnkey services to meet all your RF System and Antenna System needs. Our systems engineering approach meets the most demanding requirements in harsh environments for frequency ranges up to and including Ka-band and Q & V bands.
We support you through the full system life cycle:
- Requirements analysis
- Site preparation,
- Equipment specification
- System design and integration
- Test and on-site commissioning
- Training and long-term support
Decimator Spectrum Analyzer
Calian, Advanced Technologies Decimator Spectrum Analyzer remotely monitors communication signals anywhere RF signal monitoring is required. When used standalone or integrated into your solution, Decimator is ideally suited for the measurement of communications and broadcast carriers.
Our new Decimator D4 product has an increased frequency range of 5 MHz to 6.5 GHz and also includes digital demodulation capabilities.
- Available in 3 form factors – PCIe card, portable and multi-port
- Powerful & easy to use with a standard internet connection, no training required
- Built-in Cross-pol and Carrier Monitoring applications
- CarrierWatch add-ons provide the ability to view multiple carriers in a single window & more
Our Remote Management Protocol can be integrated into your network, RF system/unit, or RF monitoring/measurement system.
Gateways & Planning Systems
Calian, Advanced Technologies specializes in providing the design and delivery of software solutions used for the planning, management, and operations of satellite communications networks. Our range of world-class Satellite Capacity Planning and Resource Management solutions ensure your valuable spectrum resources are allocated effectively to meet the demands of your customers.
Calian, Advanced Technologies offers both off-line planning tools and real-time on-demand allocation systems, thereby ensuring that your resources are efficiently utilized both globally at the constellation level down through individual satellites, beams and carriers.
Calian, Advanced Technologies line of DVB-S/S2/S2X satellite modulators has been deployed around the world in DTH satellite broadcast and satellite newsgathering applications. Our modulators have a flexible FPGA-based design that can be leveraged to deliver custom modulators for non-standard encoding and modulation types. The company also offers private labelling for OEM products.
Our Hercules & Defender multi-channel modulators are designed to generate multiple channels out of a single one rack-mount unit (1RU) chassis. Did you know that 1 of Calian, Advanced Technologies multi-channel satellite modulators can replace as many as 16 traditional modulators? The small form factor provides significant savings in capital costs, reduced operating expenses & other benefits.
The Gemini modulator provides DVB-S/S2/S2X, DSNG and Turbo functionality and includes ASI and IP inputs and both IF and L-band outputs.
Our Itus modulator redundancy switch provides 1:1 modulator L-band redundancy switching for our modulator products. Itus includes our patented Intelligent Switching mode functionality.
The narrow-band SDTS modulator supports the Inmarsat SES28B standard, while our Beacon Generator provides an L-band output that can be frequency converted to the band you need.
Solutions for All Distributed Access Architectures (DAA)
With a mature IP portfolio of DOCSIS Remote PHY technologies and advanced signal processing algorithms, Calian, Advanced Technologies offers powerful and dynamic solutions ideal of newer technologies like Full Duplex DOCSIS (FDX).
By combining Calian, Advanced Technologies signal processing with its embedded hardware designs using state-of-the-art silicon it enables compelling product designs based on Remote PHY, as well as other distributed cable access technologies.
Calian, Advanced Technologies solutions can help your Distributed Access Architecture (DAA) products deliver:
• Accommodate changing HFC technologies
• Support higher compute engine functionality
• Designed on silicon available today speeding time to market
Calian, Advanced Technologies IP and FPGA reference design is scalable, flexible, and it applies to all DAA solutions.
- Remote PHY
- Full Duplex DOCSIS (FDX) RPHY
- Remote MAC-PHY
- Distributed CCAP/Virtual CMTS
FPGA Based Designs
Calian, Advanced Technologies is a Xilinx Alliance Partner, we create FPGA-based adaptable designs for our customers. Unlike dedicated ASIC based solutions, Calian, Advanced Technologies FPGA designs have the ability to adapt to evolving requirements.
- Support future requirements as they arise with infield upgrades
- Address new technologies with the ability to adapt a new design in the field
- Differentiate your product to deliver a compelling value-add for your customers
- Leverage evolving FPGA technology improvements for your next product