IBC is among the world’s most influential media, entertainment and technology shows. IBC provides the ideal platform to discover the latest trends and technologies to drive your innovations and strategy forward.
Calian SED is an established full-service communications technology development company. We’ve been providing innovative satellite, cable and terrestrial wireless communication solutions for over 50 years. We provide engineering design services, in-house manufacturing, contract build-to-print services and test solutions. Watch IBC 2018 Video
Visit Calian SED’s booth 1.A52, to learn how we can support you with our advanced technologies.
Complete the contact form to arrange a convenient meeting time with the appropriate subject matter expert at the show.
Complete Contact Form
Decimator Spectrum Analyzer
Calian SED’s Decimator Spectrum Analyzer remotely monitors communication signals anywhere RF signal monitoring is required. When used standalone or integrated into your solution, Decimator is ideally suited for measurement of communications and broadcast carriers. With a frequency range of 5 MHz to 3 GHz, the Decimator D3 provides accurate and fast measurements at a compelling cost.
Our new Decimator D4 product has an increased frequency range of 5 MHz to 6.5 GHz and also includes digital demodulation capabilities.
- Available in 3 form factors – PCIe card, portable and multi-port
- Powerful & easy to use with a standard internet connection, no training required
- Built-in Cross-pol and Carrier Monitoring applications
- CarrierWatch add-on provides the ability to view multiple carriers in a single window & more
Calian SED’s line of DVB-S/S2/S2X satellite modulators has been deployed around the world in DTH satellite broadcast and satellite newsgathering applications. Our modulators have a flexible FPGA-based design that can be leveraged to deliver custom modulators for non-standard encoding and modulation types. We also offer private labelling for OEM products.
Our Hercules & Defender multi-channel modulators are designed to generate multiple channels out of a single one rack-mount unit (1RU) chassis. The small form factor provides significant savings in capital costs, reduced operating expenses & other benefits.
The Gemini modulator provides DVB-S/S2/S2X, DSNG and Turbo functionality and includes ASI and IP inputs and both IF and L-band outputs.
Our Itus modulator redundancy switch provides 1:1 modulator L-band redundancy switching for our modulator products. Itus includes our patented Intelligent Switching mode functionality.
The narrow-band SDTS modulator supports the Inmarsat SES28B standard, while our Beacon Generator provides an L-band output that can be frequency converted to the band you need.
Cable Headend Modulators
We excel at developing innovative Cable Modulator solutions to address not only challenging technical requirements, but also streamlined cost-effective solutions. Calian SED can customize cable modulators for your product and design requirements including digital video QAM or DOCSIS 3.1 OFDM modulator requirements for HFC networks or MDU applications.
HydraQAM – Offering 128 QAM Channels from a Single Card
Calian SED’s HydraQAM card delivers next-generation QAM modulation technology as a commercially available, off the shelf card. It offers 128 channel, high-density PCIe QAM modulator card offering compelling value on a per QAM basis while providing a path to full CCAP densities and DOCSIS 3.1.
HydraQAM is ideal for CMTS, CCAP, and video EdgeQAM products.
- FPGA firmware based design provides flexibility for future upgrades & improvements
- Each QAM channel can turn off individual channels or set to unique power level/frequency
- Easily integrate into legacy networks to accommodate existing traffic
H2 HydraQAM – A 16 QAM Channel Solution for Cost-Sensitive Market Applications
The H2 HydraQAM PCIe QAM modulator card offers a versatile and cost-effective solution for MDU and hospitality cable television applications.
The H2 HydraQAM is a 16 QAM RF channel solution that’s agile within a 160MHz window of spectrum from 46 MHz to 640 MHz.
- Supports J.83 Annex A / B / C QAM modulation
- Suitable for Analog NTSC / PAL video applications
- Integrate into existing or new products via software using the card’s Linux drivers
For both HydraQAM products, data interconnection is managed over a PCIe interface or a Gigabit Ethernet interface. HydraQAM products are also available in chassis form factor.
DISTRIBUTED ACCESS ARCHITECTURES (DAA)
With a mature IP portfolio of DOCSIS Remote PHY technologies and advanced signal processing algorithms, SED offers powerful and dynamic solutions ideal of newer technologies like Full Duplex DOCSIS (FDX). By combining SED’s signal processing with its embedded hardware designs using state-of-the-art silicon it enables compelling product designs based on Remote PHY, as well as other distributed cable access technologies.
SED solutions can help your Distributed Access Architecture (DAA) products deliver:
- Accommodate changing HFC technologies
- Support higher compute engine functionality
- Designed on silicon available today speeding time to market
SED’s IP and FPGA reference design is scalable, flexible, and it applies to all DAA solutions
- Remote PHY
- Full Duplex DOCSIS (FDX) RPHY
- Remote MAC-PHY
- Distributed CCAP/Virtual CMTS
FPGA Based Designs
SED Systems is a Xilinx Alliance Partner, we create FPGA-based adaptable designs for our customers. Unlike dedicated ASIC based solutions, SED’s FPGA designs have the ability to adapt to evolving requirements.
- Support future requirements as they arise with infield upgrades
- Address new technologies with the ability to adapt a new design in the field
- Differentiate your product to deliver a compelling value-add for your customers
- Leverage evolving FPGA technology improvements for your next product