SCTE•ISBE Cable-Tec Expo® is where the latest breakthroughs in cable and telecommunications technology are introduced, it allows you to connect with industry leaders and create opportunities to move your business forward.
SED Systems designs communications technology solutions to serve the Cable and Telecommunications industry, and we’ve been in business for over 50 years. We provide communication products, OEM solutions, engineering design,
on-site manufacturing, and test solutions.
SED specializes in high-speed sophisticated RF communication products based on embedded FPGA logic and software. We have experience in many forms of digital and analog design, and we specialize in solutions that combine complex digital signal processing with analog and RF elements.
DISTRIBUTED ACCESS ARCHITECTURES (DAA)
SED has solutions for all Distributed Access Architectures (DAA). With a mature IP portfolio of DOCSIS Remote PHY technologies and advanced signal processing algorithms, SED offers powerful and dynamic solutions for our customers.
FPGA-BASED DESIGN ADVANTAGE
For broadband operators and equipment designers who want to “future-proof” their investment, our custom fully programmable FPGA designs offer in-field upgradeability that can evolve to meet changing requirements.
Our FPGA based solutions offer multiple benefits:
• Support future requirements as they arise with infield upgrades
• Address new technologies with the ability to adapt a new design in the field
• Differentiate your product to deliver a compelling value-add for your customers
• Leverage evolving FPGA technology improvements for your next product
Our IP cores include:
• Downstream: SC-QAM (ITU J.83 Annex A / B / C) and DOCSIS 3.1 OFDM
• Upstream: A-TDMA and DOCSIS 3.1 OFDMA burst receivers
• Out-of-band: SCTE 55-1 & 55-2 transmitters and receivers, NDF, NDR
• Support for PNM, Remote PHY software (GCP, L2TPv3, etc)
CABLE HEADEND MODULATORS
SED’s programmable designs allow customized cable modulators for your product and design requirements, including digital video QAM or DOCSIS 3.1 OFDM modulator requirements for HFC networks or MDU applications.
The H2 HydraQAM ideal for MDU and hospitality cable television applications. H2 is a 16 QAM variant designed for cost-sensitive market applications. Available in various form factors, output on a single 75 Ohm F-type connector.
SED’s HydraQAM delivers next-generation QAM modulation technology, by offering 128 QAM channels from a commercially available, off the shelf card. HydraQAM is ideal for CMTS, CCAP, and video EdgeQAM products, it provides path to full CCAP densities and DOCSIS 3.1.
SED can also design custom headend solutions for you, leveraging existing developments.
SED offers products and solutions to test, analyze and remotely monitor RF signals within all areas of Cable Networks including solutions for both the Headend and the Access Network.
Decimator Spectrum Analyzer
SED’s Decimator Spectrum Analyzer remotely monitors communication signals anywhere RF signal monitoring is required. With a frequency range of 5 MHz to 3 GHz, the Decimator Spectrum Analyzer provides accurate and fast measurements at a compelling cost.
- Powerful & easy to use with a standard internet connection, no training required
- Manage RF carrier performance easily with built-in Cross-pol and Carrier Monitoring
- View multiple carriers in a single window & more with CarrierWatch add-on
- Accommodate a variety of applications with 3 form factors PCIe card, portable and multi-port
SIGNAL ANALYSIS SOLUTIONS
SED can analyze and perform testing on multiple types of modulated signals.
- ITU J.83 Annex A / B / C
- SCTE 55-1 / 55-2