Calian SED’s Decimator Spectrum Analyzer has a powerful and intuitive user interface that can be operated from anywhere using only a web browser, making it ideal for remote monitoring whether you are beside the unit, on your network, or even over the Internet.
Decimator is also easily integrated into your system or product using the Remote Management Protocol to send it commands and receive measurement results.
Web-based User Interface
Each Decimator digital spectrum analyzer includes a built-in User Interface that is accessible using any web browser. You can easily save and recall configurations for quick repeat measurements; export measurement results into reports for sharing with colleagues or into spreadsheets or other applications for further detailed analysis. Multiple markers provide for easy power level measurements. It also includes some unique measurement modes:
- Ideal for unattended monitoring of carriers in case of rain fade, transponder compression or equipment failure
- Monitors up to 100 carriers within defined limits for Power in a Carrier and Presence of a Carrier
- Sends notification of alarm conditions via email and SNMP
- Logs all measurement results and traces for later review and analysis
- Displays the consolidated results of the last 24 hours allowing quick observation of recent performance
Cross-Pol Isolation Measurements:
- Measures and displays Cross-Pol isolation performance of remote Satcom (VSAT) terminals
- Both Co-pol and Cross-pol signals are displayed at once, making it easy to see Cross-Pol isolation
- Results can be exported and stored to provide a record of Cross-Pol performance per terminal
Decimator Remote Management Protocol
Supported by all Decimator models, the Remote Management Protocol is an API used for management, configuration, monitoring, and automated measurements.
This API allows easy integration of Decimator into other systems or products, such as Satcom terminals, antenna control units, VSAT hubs and other similar systems.
The Decimator software also includes an SNMP status interface. Java and C++ client software libraries are available with commercial-friendly licensing. Details are available upon request.