The architecture of the system was designed to be flexible so that the system can adapted to all types of installations. The system was designed to be scalable so that additional monitoring can be added as your monitoring needs grow.
The Dedicated Carrier Monitoring System consists of the following main components that can be combined to provide the right monitoring solution for you.
- Network Control Center Equipment
- Provides the main user interface for the system for carrier alarming
- Aggregates the carrier measurement results from all of the monitoring sites for presentation to the users
- Consists of computer equipment and SED’s software
- Gateway Monitoring Equipment
- Provides monitoring of uplink and downlink carriers at a gateway or ground station
- Provides a local user interface for gateway staff
- Measurement results are forwarded to the network control center
- Consists of computer equipment, measurement instruments, switching and SED’s software
- Spot Beam Monitoring Equipment
- Provides monitoring of signals in a remote spot beam or other remote location
- Consists of SED’s Decimator measurement instrument that forwards measurement results back to the network control center
The heart of the measurement system is our Decimator product that allows multiple measurement points to be monitored at each location. Frequency converters are used to downconvert the satellite frequency band to the L-band input range of the Decimator.