SED’s core business is providing solutions to the satellite communications industry, including the design and delivery of software solutions used for the planning, management, and operations of satellite communications networks.SED offers a specialized understanding and knowledge of working first-hand with satellite operators and service providers whose business is to provide mobile and fixed services on a regional and global basis. The experience and knowledge we provide includes:
- global service provision including fixed and mobile satellite services
- multiple frequency bands including L-band, C-band, Ku-band and Ka-band
- multiple multi-beam satellites with hundreds of narrow, wide, and earth coverage beams
- spatial and temporal frequency reuse on transparent and regenerative satellites
- collaboration with the engineering and operational groups of satellite operators and service providers to understand the challenges of operating a reliable network that offers a quality experience to its users
The FPS is a satellite resource planning tool that manages spectrum, transponder, and carrier configurations, and provides analysis modules to maximize frequency re-use and optimize payloads.
We have first-hand experience designing, building, and integrating purpose-built resource management systems for satellite communications. These systems are designed to maximize the usage of limited satellite and network resources while maintaining quality of service requirements.
SED is a trusted and reliable provider of cost-efficient systems, applications, and engineering tools for satellite operators. We work closely with our customers’ operational and engineering groups providing operational systems, customized tools, and domain-knowledgeable technical support to efficiently plan, manage, and optimize their existing and evolving satellite fleets.